Career Scholars Cooperative Education Program
The Career Scholars Cooperative Education Program is an accelerated curriculum program that will arm you with the knowledge as well as the soft skills to work in a business during your senior year. In your first three years at WSC, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with participating business partners through site visits, job shadowing, and mentorships. During your senior year, you’ll move to Norfolk, Grand Island, or Columbus, where you will earn 18 credit hours by working for a business for approximately 30 hours a week over a nine-month period. *The Program includes a competitive scholarship package valued at a minimum of $24,000 over four years. *
Eligible applicants must be new freshmen admitted to Wayne State College with an ACT of at least an 18 and a GPA of at least 2.5. The applicant must pursue one of the following degree programs: Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Electronic Media, or Journalism.
To see more about this opportunity, please see https://www.wsc.edu/career-scholars
- minimum award of $24,000 over 4 years
- Supplemental Questions
- Briefly describe how receiving a Career Scholar’s Cooperative Education scholarship would influence your college and career choice.
- Briefly describe what being in the Career Scholars Cooperative Education Program would mean to you.
- Please tell us why are you interested in studying in your selected major?
- Please tell us about your self (hobbies, interests, etc.)
- Indicate which communities you would prefer to live in during your senior year of cooperative education experience. (You must select AT LEAST one option).